The oval at the stadium is the feature winter sports ground in the Central Districts of the North Island and is home to the Manawatū Rugby Football Union. In summer the stadium is mainly used for international speedway. As well as the oval there are three first-class playing fields, located at the rear of the stadium.
- First-class playing field with oval shaped dimensions of 165m long and 95m wide
- Widescreen electronic scoreboard which can be used for video replays, screening DVDs and advertising as required. Screen measures 7.94m wide and 4.4m high
- Speedway track - renowned for many of New Zealand's national and international speedway events
- Seating capacity of up to 15,000
- Lighting level of 1500 lux
- Corporate lounge with striking 360 degree views of the ranges and Central North Island mountains. This lounge can accommodate 400 people standing or 200 seated banquet style. Glass doors open outside onto 148 premium balcony seats
- Media centre - full facilities for television, radio and press representatives
- Coaches' boxes
- Changing facilities
- First aid room
- Anti-doping control station
- Media room for journalists and photographers
- Four toilet blocks
- Extensive parking and easy access
Located on Waldegrave St frontage, Arena 5 includes Bell Hall (630m2), Barber Hall (1,050m2), Waldegrave Lounge (405m2) and the gym.
These popular facilities are used for functions, conferences, fairs and exhibitions, and as skating, table tennis and indoor bowls venues.
Services include: Extensive kitchen facilities, full toilet amenities, changing rooms, sound system, and 175 car parks. Barber Hall can accommodate 1,000 people standing or 800 seated.
Arena 2 is a purpose-built indoor sports and entertainment venue. Distinctive laminated polished timber beams are an appealing feature of the extensive 3,400m2 open plan interior.
Able to accommodate up to 5,000 people, Arena 2 has an extensive array of convenient features and amenities.
The main arena offers:
- Fully sprung beech sports floor
- Sports markings for 5 courts of basketball, netball, tennis, volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee
- 20 badminton courts
- 4 changing rooms
- 4 individual umpire change rooms with showers
- Two 6m x 6m loading doors
- Onsite ticketing office
- Comprehensive range of stage modules available onsite
- Fully integrated sound and PA system
- Single phase and 3 phase (32amp and 63amp) power throughout
- Fully flexible seating options (tiered and individual seating)
- High-speed wireless internet available on upon arrangement
- Foyer area is available for pre-dinner drinks or as a registration area for conferences
Arena 2 has four intimate corporate lounges overlooking the venue that can be used either individually or in combination, holding a capacity of 100 people per lounge or up to 400. Each corporate lounge includes:
- A balcony overlooking the main arena
- Kitchenette including microwave, hot water and mini fridge
- TV with Sky Digital connection
- Full air conditioning
- Sound system
With a floor area of 2,100m2 this popular indoor stadium is a great choice for medium sized exhibitions, functions, sporting events, dinners and convention plenaries. Arena 3 has a capacity of up to 2,000 people or 850 people seated banquet style.
Features of Arena 3 include:
- Sports court markings for: 2 basketball, netball and volleyball courts, 4 badminton courts and 1 tennis court
- Quality timber floor
- Dividable with centre curtain to provide two venues for smaller events
- Connecting covered access to Arena 2 and B&M Centre
- Adjoining change rooms and toilet facilities
- Sound system and PA
- 5.5m x 5m door loading capacity
- Heating systems
- Portable seating and furniture for all event needs
- Event organiser's office available by arrangement
- Single and 3 phase power outlets throughout
- Comprehensive modern kitchen
B&M Centre and ballroom
This purpose built indoor community sports centre is the equivalent of 60 houses under one roof! The B&M Centre is one of New Zealand's most extensive indoor sports facility with a total floor area of 6,400m2.
- The venue is marked for 7 basketball and netball courts, 9 volleyball courts, 4 tennis courts and 25 badminton courts
- Fully sprung beech sports floor
- Quality sports equipment and court fittings for primary codes
- Electronic score boards
- 4 score benches
- 6 change rooms
- Medical first aid room
- Quality PA and sound system
- Event organisers office
- 245m2 mezzanine level gallery, with capacity of up to 200 people standing or 90 seated buffet style
- Portable courtside seating for up to 1,300
- Food kiosk
Please enquire today on 06 356 1505 or email for venue rental rates.
Community users and school rates are available.