Some tracks offer revealing views overlooking conservation wetlands, while others guide you through native bush.
Track Difficulty Ratings: (1 = easy : 5 = difficult)
Upper Circuit (large): 1 2 3 4 5
Upper Circuit (small): 1 2 3 4 5
Lower Loop: 1 2 3 4 5
Full Circuit (excluding Lower Loop): 1 2 3 4 5
- Upper Circuit (large): 1.88 kilometres
- Upper Circuit (small): 1.40 kilometres
- Lower Loop: 0.90 kilometres
Full circuit (excluding Lower Loop): 2.83 kilometres
Motorised Trail Bikes or Vehicles
Not permitted on any walkways
Contour: A flat terrace area with moderate to steep slopes leading to the riverside.
Surface: Limestone, gravel, grass and forest floor. Board-walks and bridges present on Lower Loop and stiles on Full Circuit.
Access Points: Napier Road and Cambridge Avenue.
Conveniences: Playground, car parks, drinking water, toilets, changing facilities, camping ground, picnic area.
Special Attractions: Views of the wetland, the windfarm and Manawatū region, native bush, river access and the cemetery.
|Dogs must be on leash when not on the Upper Circuit|
|Dogs can be off leash but must be under control - Upper Circuit Only|
- Ensure dogs are under control at all times and do not disturb livestock where walkways pass through rural areas.
- Please pick up your dog waste and put it in a rubbish bin or take it away with you.