Track Difficulty Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 (1 = easy : 5 = difficult)
- Paneiri Park - end of Dittmer Drive: 2.37 kilometres
- End of Dittmer Drive - Fitzherbert Avenue: 1.31 kilometres
- Fitzherbert Avenue - Albert Street: 1.69 kilometres
- Albert Street - Waterloo Crescent: 0.61 kilometres
- Waterloo Crescent - Ayr Place: 0.60 kilometres
- Ayr Place - Ruahine Street: 0.92 kilometres
- Ruahine Street - Ruamahunga Crescent: 1.10 kilometres
- Ruamahunga Crescent - Napier Road: 0.34 kilometres
- Napier Road - Riverside Drive: 0.94 kilometres
Total Distance: 9.86 kilometres
Contour: Flat to mildly contoured
Surface: Asphalt, with a small area still limestone
Riverside Drive (off Te Matai Road), Napier Road, Ruamahunga Crescent, Ruahine Street, Ayr Place, Waterloo Crescent, Albert Street, Fitzherbert Avenue, Victoria Esplanade Drive (Esplanade access), Dittmer Drive, Buick Crescent, Maxwells Line
Car parks are available at the River Road, Napier Road, Ruahine Street, Fitzherbert Avenue, Palm Drive, Dittmer Drive, and Maxwells Line accessways.
Toilets are availble at the Fitzherbert Avenue access.
River views, river access, informal mountain bike track
Horses are allowed along the Riverside Pathway.
Motorised Trail Bikes or Vehicles
Not permitted on any walkways
|Dogs can be off leash but must be under control|
- Ensure dogs are under control at all times and do not disturb livestock where walkways pass through rural areas.
- Please pick up your dog waste and put it in a rubbish bin or take it away with you.
- Manawatu River Walkway Map 3.6MB pdf