Dog on-leash areas
The green areas on the maps below show where you can take your dog on a leash.
Dog off-leash areas
You can exercise your dog in most of the city's public parks. In off-leash areas, your dog is allowed off the leash but must be under your supervision and control, and you must have a leash with you at all times.
The yellow areas on the maps below show where you can exercise your dog off the leash.
Places you can’t take your dog
You can’t exercise your dog in any prohibited places. The red areas on the maps below show where dogs are prohibited both on and off the leash.
Dog control maps
Get a close-up of your neighbourhood to see exercise options for dogs in your area. Use the map index to find out which dog control map is which.
- Dog control map index 1.1MB pdf
- Dog control map 1 1.5MB pdf
- Dog control map 2 and 3 910KB pdf
- Dog control map 4 1.1MB pdf
- Dog control map 5 1.3MB pdf
- Dog control map 6 1.1MB pdf
- Dog control map 7 1MB pdf
- Dog control map 8 787KB pdf
- Dog control map 9 1.5MB pdf
- Ashhurst dog control map 1.8MB pdf
- Turitea dog control map 778KB pdf