The new service enables owners to complete a wide range of tasks online, some of these include:
- Registering as a new dog owner
- Adding dogs for registration
- Maintaining owner and dog details
- View and pay registration fees
- Request a replacement dog tag
- Transfer ownership of a dog to another person
- Advise us if your registered dog has died and request a refund of any residual fees.
"New or existing dog owners, won't need to come into the Council," Wayne Jameson, Head of Environmental Protection Services said. "Being able to do this online, dog owners can choose when they wish to interact with the Council at a time that suits them and on a digital device of their choice.
All dog owners must register their dogs by 1 July every year, or before a puppy turns three months of age.