The scheme aims to increase access and participation in the arts through the support of local arts activity.
It looks for projects that meet at least one of three criteria: Community Participation, Diversity or Young People.
The scheme is a partnership between Creative New Zealand and the Palmerston North City Council. Eligible projects must:
- Have an arts or cultural focus
- Take place within Palmerston North/Ashhurst, Linton and/or benefit the City
- Benefit local communities
- Not have started before an application for funding has been assessed
- Not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose
"In the last year the committee has funded 42 different projects", says Customer Services team leader Adrian Turner. "Just over $90,000 has been invested into grass roots arts in Palmerston North."
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 26 October and application forms are available from:
• By calling Council on 356 8199
• Council's Customer Service Centre - Square-side
• Community Living Rooms - libraries
Funding is available in the form of grants.
Successful applicants from the previous round include the Women's Art Initiative for workshops, the New Zealand Burlesque festival, National Young Performers Awards, Palmerston North Dance Association competitions, Abbey Musical Theatre for British Invasion, and the Manawatu Organ Group for a promenade concert.
For more information click here