This is the third Creative Communities funding round for the 2015/16 financial year.
Local cultural and artistic groups and individuals are invited to apply.
The scheme is a partnership between Creative New Zealand and the Palmerston North City Council. It aims to increase participation in the arts at a local level and increase the range and diversity of arts available to communities.
It looks for projects that meet at least one of three criteria: Community Participation, Diversity or Young People.
Eligible projects must:
- have an arts or cultural focus
- take place within Palmerston North/Ashhurst, Linton and/or benefit the City
- benefit local communities
- not have started before an application for funding has been assessed
- not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose
Projects must meet at least one of the following funding criteria:
- the project will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities
- the project will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities
- the project will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and participate in the arts
Renée Howe, Council Controlled Organisations Coordinator, said it was great to see so many local groups benefitting from the funding.
"In round one and two of the 2015/16 year we successfully funded a total of 21 groups for events and projects."
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 11 April 2016 and application forms are available from:
- Council's Customer Service Centre (Square-side)
- Community Living Rooms (libraries)
- or by calling Council on 06 356 8199
Funding is available in the form of grants.
Successful applicants from the previous round include the Palmerston North Operatic Society, Manawatu Chinese Community Trust, Legacy Centre, Coffee GoGo Ltd, Unity Singers, Manawatu Youth Orchestra, Truly Made, Chao Ren, Idea Services and Upcycling Club 1.