2016 meeting timetable
The following Council committee meetings are scheduled to be held in the Council Chamber (unless otherwise stated), 1st floor, Civic Administration Building, 32 The Square, Palmerston North:
- POSTPONED - 7 December 2016 - 10am - Hearing of the District Licensing Committee (PLEASE NOTE This hearing has been postponed until early 2017. The date for the rescheduled hearing is yet to be determined.)
- 12 December 2016 - 9am - Arts, Culture and Heritage - Public Participation at Meetings, Deputation - Public Sculpture Trust, Council Controlled Organisations Annual Report, 2019 Military Tattoo
- 12 December 2016 - 9am - Community Development - Public Participation at Meetings, Draft Gambling Venue Policies 2016, Gambling Policies - Summary of Submissions, Deputation - Palmerston North Community Services Council, Notice of Motion - Elected Member Community Engagement Calendar, Notice of Motion - Social Housing Strategy, Library of the Future and Refurbishment Project – Update, Begging in the CBD – Update, Safety Advisory Board - Request for formal endorsement, Appointment of Councillor to the Safety Advisory Board, Committee Work Schedule
- 14 December 2016 - 9.30am, 15 December 2016 - 9am, 16 December 2016 - 9am - Hearing by Commissioners Sectional District Plan Review - Proposed Plan Change 21 Recreation Zones and Race Training Zone
- 19 December 2016 - 9am - Council
- 20 December 2016 - Hearings Committee (Extraordinary). Consideration of Applications fro Exemption from the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act. The first item of business will be a motion to exclude the public from the meeting pursuant to the provisions of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
With the exception of the Council meeting, Hearings Committee meetings and commissioner hearings, a public comment period of up to 30 minutes is set aside at the start of ordinary committee meetings, to receive comments from members of the public on matters specified on the committee's Agenda or, if time permits, on other matters relating to that committee. For extraordinary committee meetings, however, public comment is only received with the approval of the Chairperson and must be confined to those items appearing on the Agenda for the particular meeting concerned.
For both committee and full Council meetings, deputations may be received provided an application for admission setting forth the subject has been lodged with the Chief Executive at least seven working days before the date of the meeting concerned, and the request has been subsequently approved by the Chairperson. In cases of urgency or major public interest, the Chairperson may determine that a deputation be received in a shorter time frame.
Agendas for meetings are available for public inspection two working days before each meeting at the following locations:
- Customer Service Centre, Civic Administration Building
- City Library (NZ Pacific Islands Zone, 2nd floor)
- Branch Libraries (including Roslyn, Awapuni, Highbury, Linton, Ashhurst and the Mobile Library)
- Ashhurst Service Delivery Centre
Agendas are also available on request by telephoning 356-8199, can be collected from the Customer Service Centre, Civic Administration Building, or can be viewed online: Agendas and minutes