A major action in the previous strategy was developing a better understanding of the local economy and significant work has been done to analyse the performance of the city economy and the key sectors contributing to economic growth in the City.
The new strategy also offers a broader focus on the key elements which will support improvements in the economic well-being of the city's population.
Key areas of focus in the strategy are:
- Enhancing quality of life
- Maximising connectivity
- Raising skills and increasing participation in work
- Stimulating investment
- Supporting priority sectors
- Improving business performance
Council adopted this strategy in 2010.
- Economic Well-Being Strategy 2010 4.1MB pdf