- Public Realm: Creating vibrant and distinctive places for people
- Diversity: Providing choice in terms of lifestyle
- Connectivity: Easy access to amenities
- Character: Celebrating what is unique about a place
- Environmental: Embracing sustainability
Council adopted this strategy in September 2010.
Implementing the strategy
These principles will be achieved by the implementation of eight urban design initiatives.
What is urban design?
Urban design is the design of the buildings, places, spaces and networks that make up our towns and cities, and the ways people use them.Urban Design Protocol
Urban design is a multidisciplinary process that works at a range of scales: region, city, street, public space or single building. It's concerned with built form and the environmental, economic, social and cultural consequences of design. Urban design is an approach that draws together many different sectors and professions, and it includes both the process of decision-making as well as the outcomes of design.
- Urban Design Strategy 2010 3.6MB pdf