Book a building inspection
Request a building consent inspection [opens online form in a new window]
This is a quick, convenient way to submit your request for a building inspection.
Or call our direct dial line between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday: 06 352 8777
Information required to book an inspection
- The address at which the inspection is to take place
- The Building Consent number of the project
- A Trade Licensed Building Practitioner number if the work includes restricted building work.
- Name and phone number of the contact person who will be on site
- The date and time required for the inspection
- The type of inspection required (refer to your building consent for the inspection code)
What happens if there are any issues with the building work?
The building officer will advise you of any issues. This may be in the form of a Site Instruction Notice.
In serious cases the inspector may consider it necessary to issue a Notice to Fix.
What is a Notice to Fix?
A Notice to Fix is a legal document issued where a contravention of the Building Act or non-compliance with the building code has occurred.
A Notice to Fix may require all or part of the building work to cease immediately.
Any action required must be completed within a time frame specified in the notice.
- A guide to building inspections 713KB pdf