Book a building inspection
You can book a building inspection online or call us on 06 352 8777 between 7.30am and 5pm
You’ll need to provide:
- the address
- building consent number for the project
- a trade licensed building practitioner number if the work includes restricted building work
- name and phone number of the contact person who will be onsite
- your preferred date and time for the inspection
- the type of inspection required (refer to your building consent for the inspection code).
After the inspection
The building officer will advise you of any issues. This may be in the form of a Site Instruction Notice. In serious cases the inspector may issue a Notice to Fix.
Notice to Fix
A Notice to Fix is a legal document issued when building work does not comply with the Building Act or Building Code. A Notice to Fix may require all or part of the building work to stop immediately. Any action required must be completed within the timeframe specified in the notice.
- A guide to building inspections 713KB pdf