A LIM includes:
- Special land features including but not limited to potential erosion, falling debris, slippage and possible hazardous substances
- Private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- Unpaid rates
- Consents, certificates, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- Any information relating to the property supplied by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 1991
- Other relevant information
People usually request a LIM when considering whether or not to buy a property.
Apply for a LIM
Applications must be made on the official LIM application form, and completed in full, in order to correctly identify the property concerned.
Print out and complete the application form below. Return it to us with payment, either by post or in person at our Customer Service Centre. For current fees, see the miscellaneous fees and charges booklet.
How long will a LIM take to process?
We are required by law to issue a LIM within 10 working days, provided all necessary information has been supplied.
If you do not want to wait this long for a LIM you could instead make a residential property information enquiry, which provides more general information about the property.
- Land information memorandum (LIM) application form 91KB pdf
- LIM information booklet 527KB pdf
- Miscellaneous fees and charges 172KB pdf