Rates, Building and Property

Residential property information enquiry

You can get a copy of the records Council has on a property by making a residential property information enquiry. If you also want detailed information on the land the property is on, you’ll need a Land Information Memorandum (LIM).

For commercial and industrial properties, you will need to apply for a LIM.

Residential property information includes:

  • A section plan of the property taken from the deposited plan
  • Site plan, drainage plan, floor plan
  • Age and size of buildings on the property
  • Rate information
  • Consents, certificates, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
  • District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings

For information relating to gas and electrical services, please contact the appropriate authority.

How do I make a residential property information enquiry?

Print out and complete the application form at the bottom of this page and return it with your payment, either by post or in person at our Customer Service Centre. See the miscellaneous fees and charges booklet for the current fee.

How long will a residential property information enquiry take to process?

The information will be issued within five working days, provided all necessary information has been supplied at the time of application.