Service connections are connections to:
- the wastewater (sewer) network
- the water network
- the stormwater network (either through a direct connection to the pipeline or an outlet to the kerb)
For all enquiries, please call our Customer Service Centre on 06 356 8199.
How to arrange service connections to your property
The property owner, drainlayer, or contractor applies to Council and pays a fee. You can do this at the same time you apply for building consent.
- Council approves the connection and provides the network information the contractor will need to do the job.
- The applicant engages an approved service connections contractor and notifies the Council—you can find a list of approved contractors at the bottom of the page.
- The contractor arranges a road opening notice and permits.
- After the work is completed the Council inspects it and issues a certificate of completion to the contractor, with a copy for the applicant.
- The property owner pays the contractor after receiving the certificate of completion. Council is not liable for any of the contractor's costs.
Engaging a contractor
- Council maintains a list of approved service connections contractors who have agreed to provide connections to Council standards. You must choose a contractor from this list—download it below.
- Work cannot begin until you have Council approval and have notified Council who the contractor is.
Service connection fees
Paying application fees to Council
Payment can be made in two ways:
- Pay the total fee when you apply for a service connection.
- Pay the processing fee when you apply, and the inspection fee when approval is granted.
Fees from 1 July 2017 (GST inclusive)
|One connection (sewer, water or stormwater)||$70||$110||$180|
|Two connections to the networks||$110||$160||$270|
|Three connections to the networks||$145||$210||$355|