Service connections are connections to:
- The wastewater (sewer) network
- The water network
- The stormwater network (either through a direct connection to the pipeline or an outlet to the kerb)
For all enquiries, please call our Customer Service Centre on 06 356 8199.
How to arrange service connections to your property
The property owner, drainlayer, or contractor makes an application to the Council together with an application fee for a service connection. This can be done when applying for a building consent.
- The Council gives approval for a connection and provides network information for the use of the contractor.
- Once consent has been granted you will receive a list of approved service contractors
- The applicant engages an Approved Services Contractor and notifies the Council.
- The Approved Services Contractor arranges road opening notice and permits.
- After the work is completed the Council inspects and issues a certificate of completion to the contractor with a copy to the applicant.
- The property owner then pays the contractor for the work done after receiving the certificate of completion. (The Council is not liable for any of the contractors costs)
Engaging a contractor
- It is the property owner's responsibility to engage an Approved Services Contractor to do the work.
- The Council has a list of these contractors - only Approved Service Contractors can be engaged.
- The property owner chooses the contractor they wish to engage.
- Work cannot begin until there is approval from the Council and the Council has been notified who the Approved Service Contractor is.
- All services being connected at the same time are to be done by the one Contractor.
- All listed Approved Service Contractors have agreed to provide connections to Council standards.
Paying application fees to Council
Payment can be made in two ways:
- Pay the full service connection application fee and inspection fee when application is made.
- Pay the application fee only when the connection is applied for and the inspection component when the approval is collected.
|Services required||Processing fee||Inspection fee||Total|
|One connection to network (sewer, water or stormwater)||$21||$104||$125|
|Two connections to networks||$35||$154||$189|
|Three connections to networks||$49||$203||$252|
|Stormwater to kerb connection only||$31.50||$31.50|
|One connection to network (sewer or water) and stormwater to kerb||$21||$135.50||$156.50|
|Two connections to network and stormwater to kerb||$35||$185.50||$220.50|