That's no surprise when we're responsible for the infrastructure and management of Palmerston North, as well as numerous practical and professional services for the public.
As a professional employee, you can choose to specialise in any number of fields within your own profession, or gain experience in different aspects of local government.
Some examples follow:
- PNCC engineers work in asset management, design, construction and project management.
- PNCC accounting staff can get experience in management accounting, corporate accounting, financial accounting and treasury.
- Planners can choose to focus on regulatory or policy planning.
General staff are the front line of the Council, dealing with the core business of our city. As a general staff member, you help to ensure our customers see us as responsive and efficient. Expect to find an excellent work-life balance, and opportunities to develop your skills.
Your roles may involve:
- regulation and enforcement, including building inspection and animal control
- use of technical expertise
- administrative and secretarial work
- maintenance work
- customer service