Your Council

Jaycee Trust Travelling Fellowship Scheme

Under 40? You could get up to $5,000 towards travel costs associated with an overseas project.

The Council administers the Jaycee Trust Travelling Fellowship Scheme to enable young people to study or engage in special overseas projects to enhance their contribution to the community and their trade, industry, profession, business or calling back in New Zealand.

Each year successful applicants will receive up to $5,000 each, with a maximum of $10,000 granted each funding round.

Apply by 29 July

Applications are open until Friday 29 July 2016. Complete the application form below and return to the Secretary of the Jaycee Trust, Rachel Corser by post, email or fax (details on application form).

If you require more information please contact Rachel Corser: phone 06 356 8199 or email


  1. You must be under the age of 40 years as of 1 January of the year applying, be a New Zealand citizen and live in Palmerston North or the Manawatū district.
  2. The proposed project must include intensive investigations beyond New Zealand.
  3. The proposed project must clearly illustrate the contribution that will be brought back to New Zealand, and how you will be qualified to gain and pass on that benefit to your service role in New Zealand.
  4. Travel shall be for a short-term period of generally not more than three month's duration.
  5. The successful project should take place within the year following the date of approval for the fellowship.
  6. Funding will only be granted towards travel costs, excluding accommodation costs.
  7. If your application is approved, you will be required to submit a report of the project to the Selection Panel within three calendar months of your return to New Zealand.

Documentation required

  1. Evidence that you are under the age of 40 years as of the 1st of January of the year applying, are a New Zealand citizen and live in Palmerston North or the Manawatū district.
  2. Either evidence of approved paid leave for travelling purposes OR evidence of intention to return to study programme.
  3. Evidence that you are able to meet not less than twenty percent of total costs of travel.