We are looking for unique initiatives that make a difference for our communities and enhance social connectedness and wellbeing.
Moemoeātia te moemoeā, engari whakatinanahia
"Dream the dream, but achieve it also"
Local Initiatives Fund
Past Local Initiatives Funding has contributed to:
• Te Aroha Noa - Youth transitioning to independence,
• Mauria Te Pono Trust - The TRUTH (Tomorrows Rangatira Uniting To Heal),
• Active Minds Aotearoa - Active Minds Launch Programme,
• Social Socks - Terrace End School Social Socks.
This annual grant scheme (available to not for profit groups and organisations), is a great opportunity to develop new and unique activities and initiatives that can make a real difference in Palmerston North.
Applications for the Local Initiatives Fund open on the 11th January 2016 and close on the 12th of February 2016 at 5pm. The fund is targeted for the support of new initiatives (great ideas), particularly those which:
• Increase social connectedness in neighbourhoods
• Increase social connectedness in disadvantaged communities
• Result in a strong and sustainable voluntary sector
• Result in active citizenship
The Local Initiatives Fund is $25,000. There is no maximum limit on the amount that can be applied for. To find out if your idea is eligible please read the Local Initiatives Guidelines.
Application forms are available from the Council website (below), from the Customer Service Centre on the Square, any branch of the Library, or you can ring the Council on 356 8199.
For further information please contact Renée Howe, Project Coordinator at email@example.com or phone 356 8199