Intent of Proposed Plan Change 17
- Clarifying the Council's responsibilities for controlling land use for the prevention or mitigation of any adverse effects of the storage, use, disposal or transportation of hazardous substances;
- Avoiding unnecessary duplication or discrepancy between the District Plan and other legislation and regulations that control and manage hazardous substances, in particular the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996; and
- Giving effect to the Regional Policy Statement's hazardous substances provisions contained within the Manawatū-Wanganui Regional Council's Proposed One Plan.
Proposed Plan Change 17 can be summarised as:
This proposed Plan Change seeks to review the Hazardous Substances section of the District Plan.
The Council publicly notified Proposed Plan Change 17 on 10 July 2014. Submissions closed on 14 August 2014. Fourteen submissions were received which can be viewed below.
The Council publicly notified the availability of the Summary of Decisions Requested by Persons Making Original Submissions to Proposed Plan Change 17 on 3 September 2014. Further submissions closed on 17 September 2014. Two submissions were received which can be viewed below.
A Hearing by Commissioners was held on 30 and 31 October 2014 (view agenda).
- Public Notice Summary of Submissions Available (3 September 2014)
- Summary of Submissions
- Original Submissions (14): Subm 1-7 (Pdf - 6.5Mb), Subm 8-12 (Pdf 5.2Mb), Subm 13-14 (Pdf 4.5Mb)
- Further Submissions - (PDF 2Mb)
- Items Tabled at the Hearing - (PDF 4Mb)
- Plan Change 17 Decision by Commissioners (dated 4/2/15) - (PDF 2.4Mb)
Other Relevant Documentation
Enquiries about Proposed Plan Change 17 can be made to Michael Duindam, phone (06) 356 8199 or email: Michael.Duindam@pncc.govt.nz.