What is this about?
Plan Change 20 is a review of the current planning rules for housing, development and subdivision in the Residential Zone - the neighbourhoods where we live.
Palmerston North is growing and it's time for Council to take stock of which plan provisions are working and which aren't. It's about making sure that:
- We're building housing that is sustainable and meets the needs of the community.
- Neighbourhoods are attractive, healthy and safe places to live.
Decisions about housing impact on everyone. This is your opportunity to tell the Palmerston North City Council how you want residential neighbourhoods to look, feel and function in the future.
88 submissions received
Proposed Plan Change and Variation 20A-B was publicly notified on 22 July 2015 and submissions closed on 21 August 2015. 88 submissions were received.
The Council publicly notified the availability of the Summary of Decisions Requested by Persons Making Original Submissions to Proposed Plan Change 15A-H on 4 November 2015.
- Public Notice 4 November 2015
- Summary of Submissions (Pdf 1.5Mb)
- Summary of Submissions by Plan Provision (Pdf 1.7Mb)
- Original Submissions:-
S1 - Margaret Tennant
|Submission 1 to 24 (pdf 8Mb)|
S25 - Robert W Goddard
|Submission 25 to 41 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S42 - Manawatu-Wanganui Regional Council (Horizons)
|Submission 42 to 52 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S53 - Precast Concrete Manawatu Ltd
|Submission 53 to 72 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S73 - Scott A Davis
|Submission 73 to 83 (Pdf 6Mb)|
S84 - Owen & Elizabeth Shearer
|Submission 84 to 88 (Pdf 3.5Mb)|
Plan Change Documentation
Proposed Plan Change and Variation 20A-B and Section 32 Report.
- Section 32 Report (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 1 - Proposed District Plan Provisions (PDF 5Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Proposed District Plan Maps (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 3 - Technical Report : Assessment of Residential Zone (PDF 5Mb)
- Appendix 4 - Multi-Unit Residential Development Case Study (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 5 - Residential Zone Noise Provisions (PDF 399Kb)
- Appendix 6 - Residential Zone Review of Non-Residential Zone Activities (PDF 8Mb)
- Appendix 7 - Assessment of Transportation Issues (PDF 643Kb)
- Appendix 8 - Awatea Stream and Jensen Street (Te Ngutu Lagaoon) Ponding Areas (PDF 206Kb)
- Appendix 9 (PDF 105Kb) - Technical Report - Ashhurst Structure Plan and Urban Design Statement and Map (PDF 7Mb)
- Appendix 10 - Flood Hazard Assessment of Potential Growth Areas, Ashhurst (PDF 4Mb)
- Appendix 11 - Infrastructure Servicing - Winchester St Residential Growth Area Ashhurst (PDF 153Kb)
Enquiries about the plan change
Contact Matthew Mackay: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Housing Standards
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Housing Choice
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Working in the Suburbs
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Winchester Street Residential Area