The new City View Issues and Objectives will provide the broad direction to the remainder of the Sectional District Plan Review and therefore inform future District Plan Changes and resource consents.
Proposed Plan Change 8 proposes a series of new City View Issues and Objectives and has been informed by:
- The Resource Management Act 1991, particularly the amendments made to Part II of the Act since Section 2 of the District Plan was made operative in December 2000;
- The decisions version of the Proposed One Plan (the Consolidated Regional Policy Statement, Regional Plan and Regional Coastal Plan for the Manawatu-Wanganui Region);
- Recent strategy developed by the Palmerston North City Council, particularly the Sustainable City Strategy and Urban Design Strategy; and
- The results of earlier consultation processes.
Proposed Plan Change 8 was publicly notified on 19 July 2012 and submissions closed on 20 August 2012. 20 submissions were received.
The Council publicly notified the availability of the Summary of Decisions Requested by Persons Making Original Submissions to Proposed Plan Change 8 on Wednesday 12 September 2012 and submissions closed on 26 September 2012. 8 submissions were received.
PC8 Documentation, please click on the links below:
- Further Submissions (Pdf 8Mb)
- Public Notice dated 19 July 2012
- Proposed Plan Change 8 City View and Objectives
- Link to Hearing Agenda 6 November 2012
- Items Tabled at the Hearing held 6 November 2012