The people on bikes forum aims to contribute to Council’s goal of making Palmerston North the best place in the country to ride a bike.
The forum will be made up of six members, with the mayor appointed as the initial chair.
We recently called for nominations for three community representatives for the forum, to be appointed by a panel of elected members from the Council. Nominations are now being considered.
We asked candidates to meet some or all of the following criteria:
- passion for cycling, particularly for utility cycling
- familiar with Palmerston North’s cycle networks
- regular user of those networks
- ability to bring fresh thinking and innovation to cycling issues
- ability to communicate well and provide constructive feedback
For more information, contact Ray Swadel, General Manager – City Networks.