What are the proposed changes?
Changes to Section 7: Subdivision
- New Subdivision Objective 9 and the associated Policies give direction for development of the Winchester Street Residential Area.
- New Rule 220.127.116.11 for Subdivision in the Winchester Street Residential Area as a Restricted Discretionary Activity.
- New Structure Plan for the Winchester Street Residential Area (Map 7.6).
Housing design is proposed to be subject to the standard rules of the Residential Zone.
Proposed Plan Change 15D (Flood Hazards) identified areas of Ashhurst as Flood Prone. This classification applies to parts of the proposed Winchester Street Residential Area. Development of these areas will require mitigation of flood hazard risks. Refer to Proposed Plan Change 15D for further information.
Why are changes being proposed?
In December 2010, following the adoption of the Palmerston North City Residential Growth Strategy, the Council directed investigation into options to provide greenfield residential land specifically for Ashhurst.
Council consulted on 6 possible sites as part of the Ashhurst Residential Growth Review - Discussion Document, May 2011. Following consultation the North Street Area and the Winchester Street Area were further analysed in regard to potential flood risk. Following this advice, the Council resolved that the Winchester Street Area was the preferred option due to its proximity with the existing urban limit of Ashhurst and local amenities in the vicinity.
- PC20 Section 32 Report 2MB pdf
- PC20_Appendix 1_District Plan Provisions.pdf 5.3MB pdf
- PC20 Appendix 2 Proposed District Plan Maps.pdf 2.2MB pdf
- PC20 Appendix_9_Ashhurst_Structure_Plan and Urban Design statement.pdf 105KB pdf
- PC20 Appendix 9a MAP Ashhurst Structure Plan web.pdf 6.8MB pdf
- PC20 Appendix 10 Flood Hazard Assessment Potential Growth Areas Ashhurst.pdf 4MB pdf
- PC20 Appendix 11 Winchester Street Ashhurst Res Growth Area.pdf 153KB pdf
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change and Variation 20A-B - Residential Zone Review
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Housing Standards
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Housing Choice
- Sectional District Plan Review - Plan Change 20 - Residential Zone - Working in the Suburbs