Intent of Proposed Plan Change 11 and Variation 11A
The intent of Proposed Plan Change 11 and Variation 11A is to review the Institutional Zone and relevant aspects of the Transportation section of the District Plan, as part of the on-going Sectional District Plan Review.
Proposed Plan Change 11 and Variation 11A can be summarised as:
The proposed Plan Change and Variation seek to promote a stronger focus on urban design and landscaping, a simplification of the building height and setback provisions, a reduction in parking requirements and the ability to establish Community Facilities and Activities and Institutional Zone Office Activities, within the Institutional Zone.
Rezoning of Mana Tamariki School from Institutional Zone to Residential Zone, and land at the Massey University Turitea Campus from Rural Zone to Institutional Zone are also proposed.
Proposed Plan Change 11 and Proposed Variation 11A was publicly notified on 29 August, 2013 and submissions closed on 1 October, 2013. Eight submissions were received. The Palmerston North City Council called for further submissions in support of, or in opposition to, the original submissions lodged to Proposed Plan Change 11 and Proposed Variation 11A on 17 October 2013, submissions closed 1 November 2013. One submission was received.
Enquiries about Proposed Plan Change 11 and Variation 11A can be made to Michael Duindam, phone (06) 356 8199 or email: email@example.com
A hearing was held on 12 March 2014. View Agenda. Tabled information at the hearing is available below.
- Further Submissions Public Notice (17 October 2013)
- Summary of Decisions Requested from Original Submissions
- Original Submissions (1 October 2013)
- Original Submissions - Public Notice (dated 29 August 2013)
- Section 32 Report
- Appendix 1 : Cross Referenced Sections of the District Plan
- Appendix 2 : Urban Design Report
- Appendix 3 : Landscape Report
- Appendix 4 : Acoustic Assessment
- Appendix 5 : Retail / Office Report
- Appendix 6 : Transportation Assessment
- Information tabled at the hearing 12 March 2014 - Massey University - (PDF 4.3 Mb), PNCC, Horizons Regional Council, NZ Defence Force, NZ Fire Service - (PDF 492Kb)
- Decision by Commissioners dated 26 May 2014