The people on bikes forum aims to contribute to Council’s goal of making Palmerston North the best place in the country to ride a bike.
The forum has seven members in addition to Mayor Grant Smith, who was appointed as the initial chair.
Three members have been appointed to represent local cycling and sports organisations:
- Wayne Wolfsbauer, from Cycle Aware Manawatū
- Phil Stephens, from Sport Manawatū
- Miriam Sharland, representing other cycling interest groups.
Four community representatives were appointed by a panel of elected members from the Council following a call for nominations. They are:
- Anne Clouston
- Lei Meisen
- Rachel Keedwell
- Shane Telfer
We asked candidates to meet some or all of the following criteria:
- passion for cycling, particularly for utility cycling
- familiar with Palmerston North’s cycle networks
- regular user of those networks
- ability to bring fresh thinking and innovation to cycling issues
- ability to communicate well and provide constructive feedback
For more information, contact Ray Swadel, General Manager – City Networks.