Plan Change Status: Under Appeal
|Decision||22 December 2016|
|Commissioner Hearing||18, 19, 20 May 2016|
|Further Submissions Closed:||19 November 2015|
|Further Submissions Open:||4 November 2015|
|Submissions Closed||21 August 2015|
22 July 2015
Plan Change Summary:
Proposed Plan Change 20 was a review of the Residential Zone and related provisions which covers all of Operative District Plan Section 10: Residential and aspects of Section 7: Subdivision; PC20-B - a proposed greenfield rezoning of Rural zoned land in Ashhurst to Residential zone; and variation to PC15A-H: to change a small number of provisions included in this earlier plan change.
What is this about?
What are the proposed changes?
Plan Change 20 proposes to keep the current approach which is about:
- Using existing residential land efficiently to avoid unnecessary sprawl.
- Maintaining the look and feel of residential areas.
Changes are proposed to make sure the planning rules also:
- Enable different types of housing to be constructed.
- Protect street character when redevelopment happens.
- Result in a more sustainable and resilient city.
The Housing Choices available:
A review of changing housing demands and what this means in terms of housing choice in Palmerston North.
Palmerston North's housing needs are changing. Feedback is sought on proposed rules for:
A Review of the Housing, Site and Subdivision standards:
A review of the development design standards for housing.
Plan Change 20 includes a review of the Development Standards for housing and subdivision. Some of the changes proposed relate to:
A Review of the rules for Working in the Suburbs:
Working in the suburbs - a review of the standards for commercial activities.
A number of non-residential and commercial activities operate in residential areas. Changes are proposed to the rules for Home Occupations, Early Childcare Facilities, and general landscaping requirements.
Working in the Suburbs website information.
Winchester Street Residential Area, Ashhurst:
Rezoning to provide for future greenfield growth for Ashhurst.
This relates to rezoning land to the west of Winchester Street from Rural to Residential. Rezoning is proposed for approximately 12 hectares of rural land at the western edge of the urban limit of Ashhurst (View Map Area Proposed for Rezoning [PDF 7Mb]). The affected area is owned by two separate private landowners, is zoned Rural and is currently used for grazing and nursery activities. The intention of the proposed rezoning is to introduce a new greenfield residential area to provide for residential growth in Ashhurst.
Rezoning of Winchester Street, Ashhurst website information.
Two appeals have been lodged with the Environment Court regarding Plan Change 20AB.
A Decision on the Plan Change was released 1 February 2017.
Items Tabled at the Hearings
- Set 1 - (Pdf 8Mb) PNCC – Right of Reply – Robin Malley l PNCC – Graeme McIndoe – Urban Design Issues l S46 & S87 - Keith and Lynette Betteridge l S59 - Tiscenko Coats Trust & M and A Tiscenko l S41 & FS6 - NZ Transport Agency – Cole O’Keefe
- Set 2 - (Pdf 8Mb) S16 - ADP Design l FS2 - Susan Forde l S84 - Elizabeth Shearer l S6 - Kathryn Gibbs l S33 - Marvel Rental Ltd l S45 & FS5 - John Bent l S61 - Proarch Consultants Ltd - Lisa Poynton
- Set 3 (Pdf 9Mb) - S60 - Matvin Group Ltd – Proarch Consultants - Lisa Poynton l S58 - Pioneer City West & Heritage Estates Ltd – Proarch Consultants - Lisa Poynton
- Set 4 - (Pdf 8Mb) S69 - Harvey Jones l S38 - Ashmore Trust – Holly Jenkins l S37 - Kevin O’Connor & Associates – Holly Jenkins l S73 - Kevin Judd on behalf of Scott Davis l S42 - Horizons Regional Council – Ashleigh Gulliver l S5 & FS7 - Paul Hewitt l S75 - Phillip Currie and Bevan Currie l S72 - Bruce and Marilyn Bulloch
- Set 5 - (Pdf 8Mb) S68 - NZ Defence Force – Rob Owen l S68 - NZ Defence Force – Malcolm Hunt l S68 - NZ Defence Force – Sara McMillan l S23 - Dave Lloyd l S66 - Milson Community Group l S10 Ivan Johnstone l S20 - David Lane l S48 - Transpower NZ Ltd – Rhedyn Law l S6 - Katherine Gibbs l S74 - Powerco Limited – Mark Laurenson
Proposed Plan Change and Variation 20A-B was publicly notified on 22 July 2015 and submissions closed on 21 August 2015. 88 submissions were received.
The Council publicly notified the availability of the Summary of Decisions Requested by Persons Making Original Submissions to Proposed Plan Change 15A-H on 4 November 2015.
S1 - Margaret Tennant
|Submission 1 to 24 (pdf 8Mb)|
S25 - Robert W Goddard
|Submission 25 to 41 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S42 - Manawatu-Wanganui Regional Council (Horizons)
|Submission 42 to 52 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S53 - Precast Concrete Manawatu Ltd
|Submission 53 to 72 (Pdf 8Mb)|
S73 - Scott A Davis
|Submission 73 to 83 (Pdf 6Mb)|
S84 - Owen & Elizabeth Shearer
|Submission 84 to 88 (Pdf 3.5Mb)|
Further Submissions 1 to 7 (Pdf 2Mb)
Notified Plan Change
Proposed Plan Change and Variation 20A-B and Section 32 Report.
- Section 32 Report (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 1 - Proposed District Plan Provisions (PDF 5Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Proposed District Plan Maps (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 3 - Technical Report : Assessment of Residential Zone (PDF 5Mb)
- Appendix 4 - Multi-Unit Residential Development Case Study (PDF 2Mb)
- Appendix 5 - Residential Zone Noise Provisions (PDF 399Kb)
- Appendix 6 - Residential Zone Review of Non-Residential Zone Activities (PDF 8Mb)
- Appendix 7 - Assessment of Transportation Issues (PDF 643Kb)
- Appendix 8 - Awatea Stream and Jensen Street (Te Ngutu Lagaoon) Ponding Areas (PDF 206Kb)
- Appendix 9 (PDF 105Kb) - Technical Report - Ashhurst Structure Plan and Urban Design Statement and Map (PDF 7Mb)
- Appendix 10 - Flood Hazard Assessment of Potential Growth Areas, Ashhurst (PDF 4Mb)
- Appendix 11 - Infrastructure Servicing - Winchester St Residential Growth Area Ashhurst (PDF 153Kb)
Webpage Fact Sheets
Enquiries about the plan change
Matthew Mackay: email@example.com