Plan change D became operative on Thursday 18 March 2021.
The plan change reviewed the District Plan’s issues, objectives, policies, rules and assessment criteria to:
- Signal to the development community that pressure sewer systems are the only means of sewage disposal in identified areas.
- Allow for pressure systems outside of the identified areas where appropriate.
- Ensure plan provisions are clear.
- Ensure provisions clearly articulate the Council’s expectations.
Plan change D affects the following sections of the District Plan:
- Section 4: Definitions
- Section 7: Subdivision
Changes to the District Plan are as follows:
- New definitions for pressure sewer systems and pressure sewer areas.
- New issue inserted referring to pressure sewer systems.
- An amendment to existing objective 3 to include reference to pressure sewer systems.
- An amendment to existing policy 2.7 to outline the use of pressure sewer systems, and the introduction of consent notices to be used in relation to allotments reticulated with a pressure sewer system
- Amends the existing essential services standard to include reference to pressure sewer systems in pressure sewer areas.
Enquiries can be made to Michael Duindam, Principal Planner, phone: 06 356 8199 or email: email@example.com