Submissions close 4pm, 20 May 2019
The Palmerston North City Council is proposing to adopt a new Wastewater Bylaw. This Bylaw sets out the rules for connecting to our wastewater network. The changes we are proposing mostly relate to pressure sewer systems, which are a result of the Pressure Sewer Policy we adopted in 2018. The following is a brief summary of the most notable changes we’re proposing:
- two new clauses 8 and 9, describing the requirements for pressure and pumped sewer systems.
- new sections 4.8 and 4.9 in the Administration Manual, describing the point of discharge for pressure and pumped sewer systems, along with new diagrams at figure 1(g) and (h) to illustrate the point of discharge location.
- revised section 8 of the Administration Manual, describing how Council will deal with the cost of clearing blockages in different types of systems, along with new flowcharts in appendix 4.
- new figure 2 in the Administration Manual, replacing figures 2 and 3, illustrating the typical on-lot service lateral and boundary kit.
- revised wastewater service area maps, showing areas where pressure sewer systems are mandatory.
For more information on these and other proposed changes to the Wastewater Bylaw, please read the full Statement of Proposal. This is available to view by following this link. Written copies of the Statement of Proposal are also available at the Customer Service Centre (Civic Administration Building, The Square) or at any of our libraries on The Square, or at Ashhurst, Roslyn, Awapuni, Highbury, Linton, or call 356 8199 to have a copy sent to you.
We want to know what you think about these proposed changes. You can make a written submission until 4pm, 20 May 2019. This can be done using the online form by following this link or simply email your submission to email@example.com. If you would prefer to make a written submission, there is a form available at the Customer Service Centre or at our libraries. You can also call 356 8199 and have your submission recorded for you. Written submissions can be hand delivered to the Customer Service Centre or mailed to The Governance Team Leader, Strategy & Planning, Palmerston North City Council, Private Bag 11-034, Palmerston North 4442.
The Council will consider all the submissions it receives. Please make sure that your submission includes your name and address, including a daytime phone number or your email address. Please also state if you want to make an oral submission as well. The Council is planning to hear oral submissions in August 2019. We will write to you after the submission period has closed with more information about the hearings.
Any queries about the draft Wastewater Bylaw or the consultation process should be made to Peter Ridge on 06 356 8199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org