Description of requirement
The New Zealand Transport Agency seeks to designate land to accommodate a new State Highway connection. This corridor crosses the Ruahine Ranges immediately north of the Manawatu Gorge and south of Saddle Road. The new 11.5km long road will include roundabout connections with State Highway 57 south of Ashhurst and with State Highway 3 west of Woodville. The road will have two lanes in each direction over the majority of the route, separated by a median strip. There will be a new bridge crossing the Manawatū River, a number of structures crossing unnamed streams, and property access underpasses.
The notice of requirement is available to view online at the Councils’ websites.
It may also be viewed at the following offices when these offices are open to the public.
Ashhurst & Palmerston North
- Ashhurst Community Library, corner Cambridge and Bamford Streets
- Customer Service Centre, Palmerston North City Council, The Square
- Palmerston North Central Library, The Square
- Customer Service Centre, Manawatu District Council, 135 Manchester St, Feilding
- Feilding Library, 60 Stafford St, Feilding
- Dannevirke Service Centre, Tararua District Council, 26 Gordon St, Dannevirke
- Eketahuna Service Centre & Library, 31 Main St, Eketahuna
- Pahiatua Service Centre, 136 Main St, Pahiatua
- Pahiatua Library, 167 Main St, Pahiatua
- Tararua District Library, 1 Station St, Dannevirke
- Woodville Service Centre and Library, 42 Vogel St, Woodville
If you have any questions about the notice of requirement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person may make a submission on the notice of requirement, but a person who is a trade competitor of the requiring authority may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the requirement relates that:
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission form to the councils by email, post, or hand delivery as below.
Posted to Team Leader Governance and Legal, Strategy and Planning, Palmerston North City Council, Private Bag 11-034, Palmerston North
Delivered to customer service centres:
- Palmerston North City Council: The Square
- Manawatū District Council: Feilding
- Tararua District Council: Dannevirke or Woodville
Copies of the submission form can be collected from the offices identified above or on the councils’ websites. Submissions close on Thursday 13 December 2018.