The Council has received four original submissions on Plan Change D.
Description and scope of proposed plan change D: Pressure sewer systems
Plan Change D aims to review the District Plan to allow for pressure sewer systems to be installed in identified areas within the urban area of the city. It will also allow for the systems to be installed where it is considered appropriate outside of these identified areas.
Viewing the summary of submissions
The summary of decisions requested in the original submissions and the original submissions themselves are available for inspection at the following locations when these facilities are open to the public:
- Palmerston North City Council Customer Service Centre, 32 the Square
- Palmerston North Central Library, 2nd floor, NZ Pacific Islands Zone, the Square
- Ashhurst Library, corner Cambridge Avenue and Bamfield Street, Ashhurst
- Awapuni Library, College Street, Palmerston North
- Roslyn Library, Vogel Street, Palmerston North
- Te Patikitiki, Highbury Avenue, Palmerston North
- Palmerston North Mobile Library
- Linton Army Camp Library, Puttick Road, Linton
All information, factsheets and submission forms are also available on the Council’s website: pncc.govt.nz/planchanged. Enquiries about Plan Change D can be made to Victoria Edmonds, Planner: Email Victoria.Edmonds@pncc.govt.nz or call her on 06 356 8199
Making further submissions to Plan Change D
Palmerston North City Council is now calling for further submissions in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions lodged on Plan Change D. Under clause 8 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991, the following parties may make a further submission either supporting or opposing submissions made on this plan change:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest
- any person who has an interest in the Proposed Plan Change that is greater than the interest that the general public has
- Palmerston North City Council itself.
Further submissions must be in writing on the form prescribed (Form 6) in the Resource Management (Forms) Regulations 2003 or similar, including submissions via email. Submissions lodged by way of email do not require a signature.
The closing date for submissions to Plan Change D is 4pm, Thursday 27 Feb 2020.
Submission forms are available at the above offices or can be downloaded from the Council website and must be lodged with the Council by one of the following options:
- Email: email@example.com [Put Plan Change D in the subject line]
- In person: Customer Service Centre, Attn: Manager – Democracy and Governance, Strategy and Planning, Palmerston North City Council, 32 the Square, Palmerston North
- Post: Manager – Democracy and Governance, Strategy and Planning, Palmerston North City Council, Private Bag 11-034, Palmerston North
Once the closing date for lodging further submissions has passed, the Council will convene hearings to consider submissions and further submissions that have been lodged and issue decisions on the matters raised. Anyone who has made a submission or further submission and who has indicated that they wish to be heard will have the right to attend the hearings and present their submission. On receiving notice of a decision on their submission, any person who disagrees with or is dissatisfied with the decisions made may refer the decision to the Environment Court for further consideration.
Important: Any person making a further submission on Proposed Plan Change B must serve a copy of their further submission on the person who made the original submission within five working days of lodging their further submission with the Council.