The people on bikes forum aims to contribute to Council’s goal of making Palmerston North the best place in the country to ride a bike.
The forum has six members in addition to Mayor Grant Smith, who was appointed as the initial chair.
Three members represent local cycling and sports organisations:
- Wayne Wolfsbauer, from Cycle Aware Manawatū
- Phil Stephens, from Sport Manawatū
- Miriam Sharland, representing other cycling interest groups.
There are three community representatives. They are:
- Anne Clouston
- Rachel Keedwell
- Shane Telfer
Forum members are required to meet some or all of the following criteria:
- passion for cycling, particularly for utility cycling
- familiar with Palmerston North’s cycle networks
- regular user of those networks
- ability to bring fresh thinking and innovation to cycling issues
- ability to communicate well and provide constructive feedback
For any questions about the forum, contact David Lane, Road Planning Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org