The digital ID card is for people who are unable to access ticketed events and venues without a support person, which means there is an extra cost through needing to buy a second ticket.
Companion Card holders show their card at participating venues when buying their ticket or paying an entry fee. They’ll receive a ticket for their companion at no extra charge.
Presenting a Companion Card does not guarantee tickets where events might be sold out, or when accessible seating arrangements are already allocated through earlier bookings. The cardholder will also need to check the venue is accessible to their needs.
We’ve partnered with Mana Whaikaha, a Government disability support system, for the year-long trial, which was launched on 13 August 2021. Council in 2020 allocated $10,000 towards the scheme’s implementation, with the city’s Disability Reference Group having long championed a Companion Card programme.
Participating venues for the start of the trial include Centrepoint, the Regent on Broadway, the Globe Theatre and Te Manawa. It is hoped more venues will sign up as the trial progresses.
How the card works
The Companion Card is being administered by Mana Whaikaha.
The digital card operates through mobile devices, using the Sporty membership app. People eligible for a Companion Card can apply for one online on the Palmy Companion Card website.
Once Mana Whaikaha has verified your application and confirmed your electronic card, you’ll be able to show it at approved venues when you book your ticket.
Bookings need to be made in person or over the phone, as the trial is not suitable for online bookings. When bookings are made over the phone, you must show your digital card when you collect the tickets.
Steps for signing up
- Download the Sporty NZ app on your mobile device. If you are using a computer, go to palmycompanioncard.co.nz
- Enter “Palmy Companion Card” and select.
- Click on the “apply” button. Read the information, and scroll down to complete the application. You can upload a photo of yourself (from your device or PC), but this is not mandatory.
- An internal process will check and approve the application.
- Once you have had notification your application has been approved, go back to the app or webpage and click on the “photocard” button. Enter your details, the same as you provided on your application.
- Your digital Companion Card is now ready to use.
Share your feedback
Card users are invited to share your feedback. Email: email@example.com