Open to those living in Palmerston North aged between 18 and 24, the Palmy Global Ambassador programme is a way for young people to gain international knowledge, insight, experience and contacts – right here in Palmerston North.
An expression of our "small city benefits: big city ambition", Palmy Global Ambassadors offers an unequalled opportunity to gain unpaid work experience and develop skills, while supporting Palmerston North’s international partnerships.
International connections add to Palmerston North’s vibrancy, diversity and prosperity and you could help share our region’s story with the world.
Applications are now invited and close on Thursday 25 October.
What does a Palmy Global Ambassador do?
We expect Global Ambassadors will contribute around five to six hours a month, or 60 hours overall, to the programme. You'll have the option to shape and drive your own project or social enterprise that makes Palmerston North a more international and welcoming place. In return, we can partner you with the right people and agencies to help achieve this.
For more information about the programme and what's involved, download the prospectus below. It includes an activity calendar for 2018-19 and eligibility and selection criteria, as well as key contacts if you want to talk to someone about whether this opportunity is right for you, your studies, and your career path.
How to apply
- Fill in the online application form.
- Create a short (two minutes max) video answering the question: "How can Palmerston North become an even more internationally engaged city, and how would you help it to get there?"
- Use WeTransfer to upload and email the video to email@example.com by Thursday 25 October 2018.
- The panel will view your submission and be in touch.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed via Skype or in person.