Palmerston North City Council has received an application for resource (land use) consent for additions and alterations (including partial demolition) of the All Saints Church building. The church is a Category 1 Heritage Listed building located at 338 Church Street, Palmerston North.
Main components of the works
- Partial demolition of a portion of the existing church building, including the removal of the existing baptistery
- The addition of a new lobby and reception area with a curved canopy and glazed frontage to Church Street
- Seismic upgrade and repair to the existing building
- A new accessible entrance into the main space of the church
- Construction of a new roof of the church
- Construction of new entrances and a new covered walkway along the western edge of the church, serving a new office space on the western boundary of the site
- Landscaping to integrate the overall design to the street and public realm, including works within legal road.
Further details about the application are provided in section 2.3 of the applicant’s Assessment of Environmental Effects. This should be read in conjunction with the proposed plans submitted with Appendix C of the application. A ‘walk-through’ computer-generated 3D model has also been presented by the applicant for reference.
Public notification of the application
- Title of Application: All Saints Church
- Applicant: Wellington Diocesan Board of Trustees
- Legal Description: Part Section 838 Township of Palmerston North
- Council Reference Number: LU 5331
Have your say by 12 August
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission form to the Council by email, post, or hand delivery as below:
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (put “All Saints” in the subject line)
- Posted to All Saints Church Submissions, Democracy Support Officer, Palmerston North City Council, Private Bag 11-034, Palmerston North
- Delivered to Palmerston North City Council Customer Service Centre
Copies of the submission form can be collected from Council or downloaded above. Submissions are open until 4pm, Wednesday 12 August 2020.
The resource consent application documents are available below: