Nature Calls will investigate the full range of options for managing, treating and discharging wastewater. At this stage all options are on the table.
Identifying the longlist of options
Palmerston North City Council has commissioned specialist consultants to work with us to identify a longlist of possible options – this is a starting point.
Once we’ve established the longlist later this year we’ll begin the process of assessing and narrowing them down. Phase 1 of the assessment of options will be to narrow the longlist to a shortlist. There are three stages to this phase of work.
The options so far…
To identify options for Nature Calls, there are a few things we need to consider: how and where we DISCHARGE wastewater, how we TREAT wastewater, and where the treatment plant is located.
Because how we discharge is critical to potential environmental, social and cultural effects, we’ve started the development of the options list by identifying the range of potential receiving environments for treated wastewater. We welcome your feedback on these.
The main treated wastewater discharge options are:
- To land – all the time
- To surface water (Manawatū River) – all the time
- To surface water – all the time, discharge split between locations
- To groundwater (Managed Aquifer Recharge process) – all the time
- To coastal water (South Taranaki Bight, Tasman Sea) – all the time
- A mixed scheme – coastal water and surface water
- A mixed scheme – land and surface water (sub-options with varying mix of land and surface water)
- Combinations of the above
In addition to the main components which will make up the longlist options, we recognise that all options could involve elements which:
- reduce wastewater generation
- improve the efficiency of wastewater collection
- re-use some or all of the treated wastewater or byproducts from the wastewater treatment process
We’ll evaluate the potential use of such innovations as part of Nature Calls.
We need to understand if you think we’ve got the full range of reasonable options. By reasonable, we mean, options must be realistic and not fanciful – for example we can’t ship wastewater anywhere or pipe it very large distances!
Got a specific question or would like to know more?
Phone: Customer Service 06 356 8199 (24 hours a day, seven days a week).