Our animal control officers respond to dog attacks and reports of aggressive dogs, and retrieve roaming dogs. If your dog is microchipped and registered and your contact details are up to date, we'll be able to reunite you quickly.
Is your dog in the pound?
If you discover that your dog is missing, or if you find your dog on this register, please contact us on 06 356 8199.
The pound is located at 115 Totara Road, off Maxwells Line in Palmerston North. It is open on Monday to Friday only, for two hours a day:
- between 8am and 9am
- between 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Note: We will only release your dog once we've confirmed it is registered and all fees are paid.
Report a roaming dog
If you see a roaming dog, please call us on 06 356 8199 and provide as much information as you can. It will help us if you can answer the following questions:
- What does the dog look like?
- What's the dog's behaviour: is it friendly or aggressive?
- Where did you last see the dog and what direction was it heading in?
- Do you know where the dog lives?