The most up to date information will be found on the government's website:
If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, or if you need any advice please telephone Healthline (for free) on 0800 611 116.
Everybody should follow the basic principles of hygiene and cough etiquette to reduce the risk of getting an acute respiratory infection or passing it onto others. This includes:
- regularly washing hands (for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and dry thoroughly)
- covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze
- staying home if you’re sick
- avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms, and
- if you’re feeling unwell, avoiding public gatherings and events.
Council’s Emergency Management Team is working closely MidCentral DHB Public Health to monitor the situation around the city and region and provide accurate advice to residents.