Bamfield Street, Ashhurst
If you are in need of assistance, please contact us.
- Call: 06 326 8605
248 Featherston Street
Just Zilch is a free store that receives surplus goods from various suppliers and makes them available to those who determine themselves to be in need. Just Zilch works alongside other organisations in Palmerston North to ensure surplus food is being accessed and redistributed appropriately. When they have surplus food they pass it on to other community-based organisations.
Open to anyone determining themselves in need. Orders must be placed at the store. Some items are limited, so will be one per household. We will let you know. Please practice physical distancing while on site.
Level 2: To allow for physical distancing, customers will be welcomed in two at a time. This means the process will be slower. Please be mindful of this if visiting. You will also see our volunteers sanitising and cleaning surfaces, crates and trollies. This is to ensure we are playing our part in stopping the potential spread of harmful bugs.
- Hours: 1.30pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Call 022 597 2569
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/justzilch
Corner Highbury and Brentwood Avenues, Highbury
Legacy Centre is a faith-based organisation that serves the most disadvantaged people in our city. We run services that help people who are struggling with the basics and a number of programmes to help people overcome things like addiction, broken relationships, unemployment and poverty.
Free hot meal from 4.30pm on Mondays. Meal collection is from the community centre. Two metre distancing applies. One meal per person (no pick-ups for other people). Limited number of meals so first-in, first-served. Bring a shopping bag to take meals home with you if there’s more than one in your bubble.
- Call or text: 022 632 0132 or 06 357 1276
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legacycommunitycentre/
LUCK Venue (Mash Trust)
90 Berrymans Lane
LUCK is a place of connection driven by people and community, our partners and volunteers enable our “whatever it takes” approach that explores possibilities and creates opportunities.
LUCK services include:
- Connecting people, whānau & community
- Free breakfasts three days a week
- Mahi toi – Creative Crafts
- Healthy Nutritious lunches and take away meals
- Toi ora – Healthy Lifestyles
- Resource Centre
- Te oranga – Community Activities
- Showering and laundering facilities
- Cultural Days – Ko wai au
- Volunteer Roles
- Vocational and training opportunities
- Waiora – Support to find accommodation
Level 2: LUCK will remain closed for activities but is serving takeaway meals and takeaway hot drinks from 12pm to 1pm. They will continue to deliver frozen meals, clothing, and resources. If you need to talk, just private message on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/luckvenuepn/ or call 06 357 6798
Methodist Social Services
663 Main Street
Level 2: The foodbank has reopened two afternoons a week. Please bring your own bags.
- Hours: 12.30 to 2.30pm, Tuesday and Friday.
- Call 06 350 0307 or email email@example.com
- Website: https://www.pnmss.nz
431 Church Street
Services are continuing but by appointment.
- Call 06 358 7455 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/centres/nz/lower-north-island/palmerston-north/palmerston-north-corps
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PalmerstonNorthSalvationArmy
Foodbank hours are 10am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. Contact details for emergency help are on our door and advertised.
Social work, counselling and crisis intervention services have continued right through lockdown and are still available by phone, Skype and Zoom. They are available 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.