Bamfield Street, Ashhurst
If you are in need of assistance, please contact us.
- Call: 06 326 8605
248 Featherston Street
Just Zilch is a free store that receives surplus goods from various suppliers and makes them available to those who determine themselves to be in need. Just Zilch works alongside other organisations in Palmerston North to ensure surplus food is being accessed and redistributed appropriately.
Open to anyone determining themselves in need. Orders must be placed at the store. Some items are limited, so will be one per household. We will let you know. Please practice physical distancing while on site.
- Hours: 1.30pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Call 022 597 2569
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/justzilch
Corner Highbury and Brentwood Avenues, Highbury
Legacy Centre is a faith-based organisation that serves the most disadvantaged people in our city. We run services that help people who are struggling with the basics and programmes to help people overcome things like addiction, broken relationships, unemployment and poverty.
Free hot meal from 5.30pm on Mondays. Meal collection is from the community centre. We have a visitor sign-in sheet as part of the community tracking and tracing guidelines. One meal per person (no pick-ups for other people). Limited number of meals available so first-in, first-served.
- Call or text: 022 632 0132 or 06 357 1276
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legacycommunitycentre/
LUCK Venue (Mash Trust)
90 Berrymans Lane
LUCK is a place of connection driven by people and community, our partners and volunteers enable our “whatever it takes” approach that explores possibilities and creates opportunities.
LUCK services include:
- Connecting people, whānau & community
- Free breakfasts three days a week
- Mahi toi – Creative Crafts
- Healthy Nutritious lunches and take away meals
- Toi ora – Healthy Lifestyles
- Resource Centre
- Te oranga – Community Activities
- Showering and laundering facilities
- Cultural Days – Ko wai au
- Volunteer Roles
- Vocational and training opportunities
- Waiora – Support to find accommodation
Level 1: Lunch is served at 12pm Monday to Friday. The cost is $2.50 and you can pay for your meals in advance. Please place your order by 10am. Call 06 357 6798
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luckvenuepn
Methodist Social Services
663 Main Street
Level 1: The foodbank is open two afternoons a week. Please bring your own bags and ID.
- Hours: 12.30 to 2.30pm, Tuesday and Friday.
- Call 06 350 0307 or email email@example.com
- Website: https://www.pnmss.nz
431 Church Street
Services are operating as normal.
- Call 06 358 7455 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/centres/nz/lower-north-island/palmerston-north/palmerston-north-corps
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PalmerstonNorthSalvationArmy
Foodbank hours are 10am to 1pm, Monday to Friday. Contact details for emergency help are on our door and advertised.
Social work, counselling and crisis intervention services have continued right through lockdown and are available in person and remotely. They are available from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.