Camellia House Trust
160A Park Road, West End
Short-term emergency accommodation for women and children for up to three months. Please call ahead to make an appointment – no drop-ins.
- Call: 06 357 7056, 027 560 5630 or freephone 0800 WAHINE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.camelliahouse.co.nz
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/camelliahousepn
Homes for People | Kawa Kawa Lodge – transitional housing
632 Pioneer Highway, Highbury
Exists to relieve poverty by developing social and affordable housing to help low-income people and households in our community. Works with other transitional/emergency housing providers to provide scalable and sustainable models for Kiwis to partner together to increase the accessibility of home ownership within our community.
- Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Call 022 024 3742 or email email@example.com
- Website: http://www.homesforpeople.co.nz
Housing Advice Centre
Hancock Community House, 77-85 King Street
We offer advice and guidance. Free service helping homeseekers, landlords, tenants and boarders with anything to do with tenancy.
Level 2: Please ring or email first
- Hours: 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- Call 022 505 6742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kāinga Ora | Housing New Zealand
254 Broadway Avenue
Provides public housing services for New Zealanders in need.
Level 2: Call centre is open 24/7. Offices remain closed. Existing clients can be seen by appointment only. Please call the free 0800 number to book. People previously approved by MSD and referred to the service will be able to move into housing.
- Hours: 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Call free on 0800 801 601 – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – or email email@example.com
171 Albert St
Short notice/emergency housing accommodation providers. Provide safe, warm, and dry accommodation where people can rebuild their lives and plan for their future. Connecting people with our other services to provide wrap-around support.
Level 2: Currently full but call to be added to waiting list.
- Call the duty manager anytime on 05084 Housing
Manawatū Community Housing Trust
382-384 Rangitikei Street, Central
Charitable trust providing affordable, safe and supportive accommodation for individuals and families. Contact us to see how we can assist.
- Hours: 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- Call 06 355 4346
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manawatucommunityhousingtrust
Te Roopu Whakaruruhau o Nga Wahine Māori Refuge
Provides 24-hour services to wahine and tamariki who are victims of family violence. Services include:
- 24-hour crisis telephone service
- 24-hour emergency safe house accommodation (criteria apply)
- Food, clothing, baby needs
- Advocacy and support to attend legal, medical, and Work and Income appointments
- Free weekly women's education programmes, childcare and transport
- Free domestic violence counselling for women and children
- Playgroup sessions for under-fives held at the safe house.
Level 2: Offices reopen for staff only. Staggering residents at safe houses so not at full capacity. Can continue to offer remote support but no face-to-face visits.
- Hours: 24/7
- Call: Crisis Line 0800 733 843
Women’s Refuge Palmerston North
597 Main Street
Support and help for women and children experiencing family violence.
If you are concerned about somebody else, you can support them by keeping in touch with them. Some people may find it difficult to talk if the abusive person is monitoring their devices. If it’s an emergency, ring 111.
- Agree on a ‘code word’ in advance with your friend. If they message you that word, you can call the police and ask them to check on them.
- Ask them if they have the essential things they need (such as food, medication, and sanitary items) and help them to get them. Some abusive people will withhold these items.
- Help them to feel less isolated by setting up regular times to talk to you and to others.
- Encourage them to get in touch with Women’s Refuge if they feel unsafe.
Level 2: All services are still available, though running a bit differently. The office is closed and the team is working from home. Out of town Safe House referrals not accepted until further notice.
- Call crisis line 0800 REFUGE – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Website: https://womensrefuge.org.nz/