The guts of it
The process is simple – we’ll run a summer and a winter season of events, but will take applications throughout the year. So when genius strikes, get in touch with us and we'll set up a kōrero. If your idea has legs, we’ll work with you to make it happen.
Whether you need help with one thing, or a handful of things, here are some of the ways Palmy Unleashed can support you:
- event planning guidance
- event funding
- social media promotion
- booking public spaces in the city centre
- event gear
- public and stakeholder consultation
- navigating Council processes
If your idea is a bit quirky and unexpected, we'll get on like two peas in a pod
We’re not about rigid protocol, but we do have a few criteria that we think our events should live by. We’re looking for events that are:
- unique and a little bit unexpected
- new or haven’t been done here before
- small to medium sized
- musical, artistic, recreational or leisure-focused
- open to everyone
- for the good of the people
- situated in the city centre
- making use of public places like the Square, footpaths, laneways and carparks
- helping to boost off-peak periods and encouraging people to stay longer and do more in the CBD
- creating a fun and vibrant city
- supported by ‘doers’ with a willingness to get stuck in
- managed and delivered in a collaborative way
- either a one off or keen to grow and become self-sustainable
We can't wait to hear your ideas!
Get in touch and let's see what we can do.
Palmy Unleashed Coordinator
Let's get social
We're on your favourite social media networks. Like us to stay in the loop.