Applications are open for two new community members to join Palmerston North City Council's people on bikes forum.
The forum advises Council on cycling issues to help us achieve our goal of making Palmerston North the best place in New Zealand to ride a bike.
Ideally forum members will have:
- a passion for cycling, particularly for utility cycling
- are familiar with Palmerston North’s cycle networks
- are a regular user of those networks
- ability to bring fresh thinking and innovation to cycling issues
- ability to communicate well and provide constructive feedback
The forum is chaired by Mayor Grant Smith. He is joined by Wayne Wolfsbauer, from Cycle Aware Manawatū, Phil Stephens, from Sport Manawatū and Miriam Sharland, representing other cycling interest groups. Community members are Anne Clousten, Rachel Keedwell and Shane Telfer.
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 12 February 2019
For more information or to apply, contact Matthew Kilpatrick, PNCC Transport Planner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org