Movies in Parks brings hit family films to an outdoor venue near you, bringing communities together in a free festive atmosphere.
Community Development Manager Joann Ransom says the community movie nights increased in popularity last summer, and it is hoped this success can be built further.
“We are really proud of the collaborative way in which Council and communities have worked together to make these great evenings happen. There was such a great atmosphere at each event last year and we know this year’s movie selection will be equally popular.”
First up is the Roslyn evening at Skoglund Park on Friday 18 December, with The BFG, based on the Roald Dahl classic book.
For each of the movie nights, activities start at 6.30pm, with the movie scheduled for a 7pm start. The exception is the Highbury event on 28 February, which starts at 2pm with the movie at 4.30pm.
Bring along your picnic dinner, rug and low chairs and get comfortable for an evening of outdoor family entertainment.
Movies in Parks summer screening schedule
- Skoglund Park, Roslyn (The BFG) on 18 December
- Ashhurst Domain (Shaun the Sheep 2) on 22 January
- Bunnythorpe School (Brave) on 29 January
- Celaeno Park, Kelvin Grove (Kung Fu Panda) on 5 February
- Linton Camp (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone) on 12 February
- Longburn School (Scoob) on 19 February
- Monrad Park, Highbury - Palmy Plastic Pollution Challenge (WALL.E) on 28 February – 2pm activities start, 4.30pm movie
- Awapuni Park (Sonic) on 13 March
If the weather is not kind, alternative indoor venues have been arranged. Follow the Council’s Facebook page @PNCityCouncil for wet weather venue notifications.