Every eligible person in a household can enrol and post their own individual vote.
If you're enrolled for the general election for Parliament, you'll automatically be placed on Council's electoral roll.
If you're of Māori descent and enrolling for the first time, you'll be able to choose if you wish to register on the Māori roll or the general roll.
- If you choose the Māori roll you will be voting in Te Pūao Ward.
- If you choose the general roll you will be voting in Te Hirawanui Ward.
Check to see if you're enrolled or need to update your details
How to enrol
Fill in the online form on the Vote NZ website (see above). You can also:
- download an enrolment form [PDF 406KB]
- Visit a Post Shop
- phone free on 0800 36 76 56
- text your name and address to free text 3676 and the form will be posted out to you.
If English is not your first language
The Vote NZ website has multilingual information about enrolling to vote.
Need help to enrol?
Support is available to help you enrol and vote if you have a disability.