We’re encouraging community groups to consider holding events where you can connect with Palmy’s by-election candidates. Make it an opportunity to share what matters to you.
Planning your candidate meeting
First decide on what you want to achieve, then decide on the details – timings, venue, format.
Need help finding a venue? Contact us.
Plan to make your event safe and accessible for all.
Be creative with your format – it doesn’t have to be a traditional debate.
- an informal cuppa
- small groups
- speed dating
- audience Q&A
- speeches and kai
Invite as many candidates as practicable – it's important to have a good spread of candidate voices.
In the invitation outline:
- how long the event will run for
- the format you plan to use
- information about your group
Get the word out:
- Contact your own networks
- Advertise as widely as you can
- Let us know – we will publish the event on the PNCC website and social media channels
On the day of your meeting
- Make sure the location is well signposted
- Scan the venue for safety and accessibility
- Be welcoming. Allocate someone to greet guests and candidates
- Allocate someone to facilitate and introduce the session format and candidates
- Keep to the format
- Allow each candidate a fair chance to speak
After your meeting
- Follow up. Let people know how it went!
- Thank the candidates who attended
Any questions, contact us on email@example.com