Make a submission by 5pm on Saturday 27 November 2021
The draft Support and Funding Policy 2021 includes a number of changes. These include:
- A broader scope to include a wider range of support and funding programmes. This includes events funding, support for heritage buildings and spaces, community leases of Council property, sponsorship, and contestable grants for individuals.
- Enabling a consistent process for allocating all contestable grants that Council administers;
- Confirming the decision-making process to lease Council-owned land for community purposes.
- Providing guidance for setting the community rental rates on Council- owned land and buildings leased by community groups and organisations.
- Establishing a process to enter a formalised partnership with sector leads outside a contestable process and funded out of the Strategic priority grants budget.
You can view the draft Support and Funding Policy 2021 and find out about the submission process by:
- Visiting the consultation webpage
- Collecting a printed consultation document from the Customer Service Centre (Civic Administration Building, The Square) or at any of our libraries on The Square, Ashhurst, Roslyn, Awapuni, Te Pātikitiki/Highbury, or Linton.
- Sending a request for a printed or electronic copy of the consultation document to email@example.com , or by calling 06 356 8199.
You can make a written submission up until 5pm on Saturday 27 November 2021. If you are not able to fill in a submission form on the Council website you can either:
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call 356 8199 and have your submission recorded for you;
- Hand deliver your submission to the Customer Service Centre or at our libraries; or
- Mail your submission to:
Draft Support and Funding Policy 2021
Legal & Governance
Palmerston North City Council
Private Bat 11034
The Council will consider all the submissions it receives. Please make sure that your submission includes your name and address, including a daytime phone number or your email address. Please also state if you want to make an oral submission as well. The Council is planning to hear oral submissions in December 2021. We will write to you after the submission period has closed with more information about the hearings.
Any queries about the draft Support and Funding Policy or the consultation process should be made to Lili Kato on 06 356 8199 or email email@example.com