Make a submission by 4pm on Friday 3 December
The draft Trade Waste Bylaw includes a number of changes. These include
- introducing a new Controlled Trade Waste category, for trade waste discharges that comply with the Permitted Characteristics but which exceed a volume of 5m3 per day;
- enabling the Council to require permanent sink screens to be installed on kitchen sinks in trade premises where there are complaints about odour;
- clarifying that penalty charges, and the rates of those charges, can be included as a condition of a trade waste consent;
- requiring applications for renewal of an existing trade waste consent to be received eight weeks before the consent expires;
- changing the organisation responsible for certifying tankered waste collectors from WasteMINZ to the New Zealand Trade and Industrial Waters Forum (NZTIWF), and allowing tankered waste collectors to hold either a certificate of registration for offensive trade, or a resource consent for that activity.
For more information please read the Statement of Proposal which includes the draft Trade Waste Bylaw 2022 in full. This is available from www.pncc.govt.nz/tradewaste. Printed copies of the Statement of Proposal are also available at the Customer Service Centre (Civic Administration Building, The Square) or at any of our libraries on The Square, or at Ashhurst, Roslyn, Awapuni, Te Pātikitiki/Highbury, or Linton, or call 356 8199 to have a copy sent to you.
You can make a written submission until 4pm Friday 3 December 2021. This can be done using the online form by clicking on this link or simply email your submission to email@example.com. If you would prefer to make a written submission, there is a form available at the Customer Service Centre or at our libraries. You can also call 356 8199 and have your submission recorded for you. Written submissions can be hand delivered to the Customer Service Centre or mailed to:
Draft Trade Waste Bylaw 2022 Submissions
Legal & Governance
Palmerston North City Council
Private Bag 11034
Palmerston North 4442
The Council will consider all the submissions it receives. Please make sure that your submission includes your name and address, including a daytime phone number or your email address. Please also state if you want to make an oral submission as well. The Council is planning to hear oral submissions in February or March 2022. We will write to you after the submission period has closed with more information about the hearings.
Any queries about the draft Trade Waste Bylaw or the consultation process should be made to Peter Ridge on 06 356 8199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org