The purpose of Plan Change D was to review the District Plan’s issues, objectives, policies, rules and assessment criteria to:
- Signal to the development community that pressure sewer systems are the only means of sewage disposal in identified areas.
- Allow for pressure systems outside of the identified areas where appropriate
- Ensure Plan provisions are clear
- Ensure provisions clearly articulate the Council’s expectations
Plan Change D affects the following sections of the District Plan:
- Section 4 – Definitions
- Section 7 – Subdivision
Changes to District Plan are as follows:
- New definitions for Pressure Sewer Systems and Pressure Sewer Areas
- New issue inserted referring to pressure sewer systems
- An amendment to existing objective 3 to include reference to pressure sewer systems
- An amendment to existing policy 2.7 to outline the use of pressure sewer systems, and the introduction of consent notices to be used in relation to allotments reticulated with a pressure sewer system
- Amends the existing essential services standard to include reference to pressure sewer systems in pressure sewer areas.
Any enquiries regarding Plan Change D should be directed to Victoria Edmonds on (06) 356 8199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org