The objects of the Bill are:
- To amend the Palmerston North Reserves Empowering Act 1966.
- To vest in the Council, pursuant to the Palmerston North Reserves Empowering Act 1966, the land at the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and Park Road, Palmerston North, known as ‘Huia Street Reserve’, and being 1.6032 hectares more or less described as Part Lots 1 and 2 Deposited Plan 545 and Lots 3 and 4 Deposited Plan 545, comprised in Record of Title WN941/84 (the “Land").
- To enable the Council to sell the Land if the Land becomes surplus to the Council's requirements by bringing the Land within the provisions of the Palmerston North Reserves Empowering Act 1966.
The postal address of the promoter is:
Palmerston North City Council
Private Bag 11034, Manawatu Mail Centre
Palmerston North 4442
Attention: Desiree Harvey, Legal Counsel | Local Bill
The Bill and a certified description of the land may be inspected at:
- Customer Service Centre, ground floor, Civic Administration Building, Te Marae o Hine, 32 The Square, Palmerston North
- Central Library, 2nd floor NZ Pacific Zone, 4 The Square, Palmerston North.
A copy of the Bill and a certified description of the land are also publicly available online:
The Bill and a certified description of the land will be available for inspection at the referred locations, free of charge, during usual business hours from Wednesday 21 July 2021 to Friday 13 August 2021 (inclusive).