To register your dog online and access other dog owner services, you’ll need to create a dog owner profile. Then you'll be able to complete the following tasks online.
- Register as a new dog owner
- View all dogs registered to you
- Add one or more new dogs
- View and pay any dog registration fees owing
- Update the location of all dogs registered to you
- Advise us if a dog registered to you has died and request a refund of any residual dog registration fees
- Request a replacement dog tag if the previous tag has been lost
- Transfer ownership of a dog to another person within our district
- Update your online profile and contact details that we use to communicate with you
The Dog Control Act 1996 specifies that a dog cannot be registered to multiple people. One person over the age of 16 years is to be listed as the registered dog owner with the territorial authority. For example, if you are husband and wife and the dog is registered to your husband then the dog services online account must be created in your husband's name as the current legal owner of the dog.