To get funding through the scheme, your arts project must do at least one of the following:
- create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities
- support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities
- enable and encourage under-18s to engage with the arts.
For examples, download the Funding for local arts booklet below.
Is your project eligible?
To be eligible for funding, your project must:
- have an arts or cultural focus
- take place within Palmerston North City Council boundaries
- benefit local communities
- not have started before an application for funding has been assessed
- not have been funded by Creative New Zealand for the same purpose
How to apply
We'd love to meet you and discuss your project. We can give advice on whether this fund is for you, and answer any questions you may have before you submit your application. Please contact Rebecca Hofmann on 06 351 4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding rounds for 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
- Round 1: 17 July to 11 August 2017, for projects taking place after 22 September
- Round 2: 22 January to 19 February 2018, for projects taking place after 23 March
These dates are subject to change.