We're looking for unique initiatives that make a difference for our communities and enhance social connectedness and wellbeing.
Moemoeātia te moemoeā, engari whakatinanahia.Dream the dream, but achieve it also
Applications for the next round of funding are open from 22 August until 5pm on 25 September 2017.
What the fund is for
This annual grant scheme, available to not for profit groups and organisations, is a great opportunity to develop new activities and initiatives that can make a real difference in Palmerston North.
The fund supports new ideas, particularly those which:
- increase social connectedness in neighbourhoods
- increase social connectedness in disadvantaged communities
- result in a strong and sustainable voluntary sector
- result in active citizenship.
These are some of the groups that have previously received funding:
- Active Minds Aotearoa
- Highbury Whānau Centre
- Network of Skilled Migrants Manawatu
- Te Aroha Noa
- Terrace End School Social Socks
How to apply
We’d love to meet you and discuss your project. We can give advice on whether this fund is for you, and answer any questions you may have before you submit your application. Please contact Rebecca Hofmann on 06 351 4100 or email Rebecca.Hofmann@pncc.govt.nz
You can download the guidelines and application form below, or pick up a hard copy from our Customer Service Centre or your local library.
Before you prepare your application, you should read the Local Initiatives Fund guidelines. These guidelines tell you:
- whether you are able to apply for Local Initiatives funding for your project
- which projects and costs are eligible and ineligible
- what information you will need to include in your application.
Proposed funding rounds for 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
- Round 1: open 23 August to 25 September 2017
- Round 2: open 23 April to 21 May 2018
These dates are subject to change.